Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of sort:
- noun: an approximate definition or example
Example: "She wore a sort of magenta dress"
- noun: a person of a particular character or nature
Example: "What sort of person is he?"
- noun: an operation that segregates items into groups according to a specified criterion
Example: "The bottleneck in mail delivery it the process of sorting"
- noun: a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
- verb: arrange or order by classes or categories
- verb: examine in order to test suitability
Search for sort at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...