Definitions of sounding:
- noun: the act of measuring depth of water (usually with a sounding line)
- noun: a measure of the depth of water taken by sounding
- adjective: having volume or depth
Example: "Sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal"
- adjective: making or having a sound as specified; used as a combining form
- adjective: appearing to be as specified; usually used as combining forms
Example: "Fine-sounding phrases"
Search for sounding at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse