Definitions of sour:
- noun: the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
- noun: a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin) mixed with lemon or lime juice and sugar
- noun: the property of being acidic
- verb: make sour or more sour
- verb: go sour or spoil
Example: "The milk has soured"
- adjective: having a sharp biting taste
- adjective: one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of vinegar or lemons
- adjective: smelling of fermentation or staleness
- adjective: in an unpalatable state
Example: "Sour milk"
- adjective: inaccurate in pitch
Example: "A false (or sour) note"
- adjective: showing a brooding ill humor
Example: "A sour temper"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #49287)
Search for sour at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse