Definitions of spark:
- noun: a small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
- noun: Scottish writer of satirical novels (born in 1918)
- noun: a small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger
Example: "A spark of interest"
- noun: brightness and animation of countenance
Example: "He had a sparkle in his eye"
- noun: a momentary flash of light
- noun: electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
- verb: emit or produce sparks
Example: "A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark"
- verb: put in motion or move to act
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #29618)
Search for spark at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse