Definitions of speech:
- noun: (language) communication by word of mouth
Example: "His speech was garbled"
- noun: the exchange of spoken words
Example: "They were perfectly comfortable together without speech"
- noun: something spoken
Example: "He could hear them uttering merry speeches"
- noun: the mental faculty or power of vocal communication
- noun: a lengthy rebuke
- noun: words making up the dialogue of a play
Example: "The actor forgot his speech"
- noun: your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally
Example: "Her speech was barren of southernisms"
- noun: the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience
Search for speech at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse