Definitions of spill:
- noun: a sudden drop from an upright position
Example: "He had a nasty spill on the ice"
- noun: the act of allowing a fluid to escape
- noun: liquid that is spilled
Example: "Clean up the spills"
- noun: a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction
- verb: flow, run or fall out and become lost
Example: "The milk spilled across the floor"
- verb: reveal information
Example: "The former employee spilled all the details"
- verb: cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over
Example: "Spill the beans all over the table"
- verb: pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities
Example: "Spill blood"
- verb: cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container
Example: "Spill the milk"
Search for spill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse