Definitions of spoil:
- noun: the act of stripping and taking by force
- noun: the act of spoiling something by causing damage to it
Example: "Her spoiling my dress was deliberate"
- noun: (usually plural) valuables taken by violence (especially in war)
Example: "To the victor belong the spoils of the enemy"
- verb: become unfit for consumption or use
Example: "The meat must be eaten before it spoils"
- verb: make a mess of, destroy or ruin
- verb: destroy and strip of its possession
- verb: have a strong desire or urge to do something
Example: "He is spoiling for a fight"
- verb: alter from the original
- verb: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
- verb: make imperfect
- verb: treat with excessive indulgence
Search for spoil at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse