Definitions of spoon:
- noun: a piece of cutlery with a shallow bowl-shaped container and a handle; used to stir or serve or take up food
- noun: formerly a golfing wood with an elevated face
- noun: as much as a spoon will hold
Example: "He added two spoons of sugar"
- verb: scoop up or take up with a spoon
Example: "Spoon the sauce over the roast"
- verb: snuggle and lie in a position where one person faces the back of the others
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10842)
Search for spoon at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse