Definitions of spread-eagle:
- verb: stretch over
Example: "His residences spread-eagle the entire county"
- verb: stretch out completely
Example: "They spread-eagled him across the floor"
- verb: defeat disastrously
- verb: stand with arms and legs spread out
- verb: execute a spread eagleon skates, with arms and legs stretched out
- adjective: with arms and legs stretched out and apart
Example: "Lay spread-eagle on the floor"
Search for spread-eagle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...