Definitions of spur:
- noun: a sharp prod fixed to a rider's heel and used to urge a horse onward
Example: "Cowboys know not to squat with their spurs on"
- noun: tubular extension at the base of the corolla in some flowers
- noun: any pointed projection
- noun: a railway line connected to a trunk line
- noun: a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something
- verb: incite or stimulate
Example: "The Academy was formed to spur research"
- verb: goad with spurs
Example: "The rider spurred his horse"
- verb: equip with spurs
Example: "Spur horses"
- verb: strike with a spur
- verb: give heart or courage to
Search for spur at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse