Synonyms / Related
Definitions of staff:
- noun: a strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose
Example: "He walked with the help of a wooden staff"
- noun: (music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
- noun: a rod carried as a symbol
- noun: the body of teachers and administrators at a school
Example: "The dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university"
- noun: personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task
Example: "The hospital has an excellent nursing staff"
- noun: building material consisting of plaster and hair; used to cover external surfaces of temporary structure (as at an exposition) or for decoration
- verb: provide with staff
Example: "This position is not always staffed"
- verb: serve on the staff of
Example: "The two men staff the reception desk"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #14173)
Search for staff at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...