Definitions of staple:
- noun: paper fastener consisting of a short length of U-shaped wire that can fasten papers together
- noun: a short U-shaped wire nail for securing cables
- noun: (usually plural) a necessary commodity for which demand is constant
- noun: material suitable for manufacture or use or finishing
- verb: secure or fasten with a staple or staples
Example: "Staple the papers together"
- adjective: necessary foods or commodities
Example: "Wheat is a staple crop"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #21870)
Search for staple at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse