Definitions of statement:
- noun: a document showing credits and debits
- noun: a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc
Example: "According to his statement he was in London on that day"
- noun: a nonverbal message
Example: "A Cadillac makes a statement about who you are"
- noun: (music) the presentation of a musical theme
Example: "The initial statement of the sonata"
- noun: a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true
- noun: (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
- noun: the act of affirming or asserting or stating something
Search for statement at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse