Definitions of stern:
- noun: the rear part of a ship
- noun: United States concert violinist (born in Russia in 1920)
- noun: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- adjective: severe and unremitting in making demands
Example: "A stern disciplinarian"
- adjective: of a stern or strict bearing or demeanor; forbidding in aspect
Example: "A stern face"
- adjective: not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty
Example: "The stern demands of parenthood"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 12500 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1643)
Search for stern at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse