Definitions of stiff:
- noun: an ordinary man
Example: "A lucky stiff"
- noun: the dead body of a human being
- adjective: not moving or operating freely
Example: "A stiff hinge"
- adjective: powerful
Example: "A stiff current"
- adjective: lacking ease in bending; not limber
Example: "A stiff neck"
- adjective: hard to overcome or surmount
Example: "A stiff hike"
- adjective: incapable of or resistant to bending
Example: "A palace guardsman stiff as a poker"
- adjective: of a collar; standing up rather than folded down
Example: "A stiff collar"
- adjective: rigidly formal
Example: "The letter was stiff and formal"
- adjective: very drunk
- adverb: extremely
Example: "Bored stiff"
- adverb: in a stiff manner
Example: "His hands lay stiffly"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11622)
Search for stiff at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...