Definitions of stopper:
- noun: (bridge) a playing card with a value sufficiently high to insure taking a trick in a particular suit
Example: "If my partner has a spade stopper I can bid no trump"
- noun: blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
- noun: a remark to which there is no polite conversational reply
- noun: an act so striking or impressive that the show must be delayed until the audience quiets down
- verb: close or secure with or as if with a stopper
Example: "She stoppered the wine bottle"
Search for stopper at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse