Definitions of story:
- noun: a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events
- noun: a trivial lie
- noun: a short account of the news
Example: "The story was on the 11 o'clock news"
- noun: a message that tells the particulars of an act or occurrence or course of events; presented in writing or drama or cinema or as a radio or television program
- noun: structure consisting of a room or set of rooms comprising a single level of a multilevel building
- noun: a record or narrative description of past events
Example: "A history of France"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 12500 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1494)
Search for story at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse