Definitions of straw:
- noun: a thin paper or plastic tube used to such liquids into the mouth
- noun: plant fiber used e.g. for making baskets and hats or as fodder
- noun: a yellow tint; yellow diluted with white
- noun: material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- verb: cover or provide with or as if with straw
Example: "Cows were strawed to weather the snowstorm"
- verb: spread by scattering ("straw" is archaic)
- adjective: of a pale yellow color like straw; straw colored
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9896)
Search for straw at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse