Definitions of strip:
- noun: a form of erotic entertainment in which a dancer gradually undresses to music
Example: "She did a strip right in front of everyone"
- noun: artifact consisting of a narrow flat piece of material
- noun: thin piece of wood or metal
- noun: a relatively long narrow piece of something
Example: "He felt a flat strip of muscle"
- noun: a sequence of drawings telling a story in a newspaper or comic book
- noun: an airfield without normal airport facilities
- verb: remove the surface from
Example: "Strip wood"
- verb: strip the cured leaves from
Example: "Strip tobacco"
- verb: remove (someone's or one's own) clothes
- verb: draw the last milk (of cows)
- verb: take off or remove
Example: "Strip a wall of its wallpaper"
- verb: remove a constituent from a liquid
- verb: remove the thread (of screws)
- verb: take away possessions from someone
Example: "The Nazis stripped the Jews of all their assets"
- verb: remove substances from by a percolating liquid
- verb: remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely
- verb: lay bare
- verb: steal goods; take as spoils
- verb: get undressed
Example: "She strips in front of strangers every night for a living"
Search for strip at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse