Definitions of submarine:
- noun: a submersible warship usually armed with torpedoes
- noun: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- verb: attack by submarine
Example: "The Germans submarined the Allies"
- verb: control a submarine
- verb: bring down with a blow to the legs
- verb: throw with an underhand motion
- verb: move forward or under in a sliding motion
Example: "The child was injured when he submarined under the safety belt of the car"
- adjective: beneath the surface of the sea
Search for submarine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse