Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of sure:
- adjective: physically secure or dependable
Example: "A sure footing"
- adjective: certain not to fail
Example: "A sure hand on the throttle"
- adjective: infallible or unfailing
Example: "A sure (or true) sign of one's commitment"
- adjective: (of persons) worthy of trust or confidence
Example: "A sure (or trusted) friend"
- adjective: exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance
Example: "Be sure to lock the doors"
- adjective: impossible to doubt or dispute
Example: "Indisputable (or sure) proof"
- adjective: having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured
Example: "Was sure (or certain) she had seen it"
- adjective: certain to occur; destined or inevitable
Example: "Sudden but sure regret"
- adjective: capable of being depended on
Example: "A sure way to distinguish the two"
- adverb: definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
Example: "The results are surely encouraging"
Search for sure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse