Definitions of surrender:
- noun: the delivery of a principal into lawful custody
- noun: acceptance of despair
- noun: the act of surrendering (under agreed conditions)
- noun: a verbal act of admitting defeat
- verb: relinquish possession or control over
Example: "The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
- verb: give up or agree to forego to the power or possession of another
Example: "The last Taleban fighters finally surrendered"
- verb: relinquish to the power of another; yield to the control of another
Search for surrender at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse