Definitions of suspend:
- verb: bar temporarily; from school, office, etc.
- verb: as of a prison sentence
- verb: make inoperative or stop
Example: "Suspend payments on the loan"
- verb: cause to be held in suspension in a fluid
Example: "Suspend the particles"
- verb: hang freely
Example: "The secret police suspended their victims from the ceiling and beat them"
- verb: stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
Example: "Suspend the aid to the war-torn country"
Search for suspend at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse