Synonyms / Related
Definitions of table:
- noun: a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs
Example: "It was a sturdy table"
- noun: a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it
Example: "I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant"
- noun: a set of data arranged in rows and columns
Example: "See table 1"
- noun: a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game
Example: "He entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
- noun: food or meals in general
Example: "She sets a fine table"
- noun: flat tableland with steep edges
- verb: hold back to a later time
Search for table at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...