Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of talk:
- noun: the act of giving a talk to an audience
Example: "I attended an interesting talk on local history"
- noun: an exchange of ideas via conversation
Example: "Let's have more work and less talk around here"
- noun: (`talk about' is a less formal alternative for `discussion of') discussion
Example: "His poetry contains much talk about love and anger"
- noun: idle gossip or rumor
Example: "There has been talk about you lately"
- noun: a speech that is open to the public
- verb: express in speech
Example: "She talks a lot of nonsense"
- verb: exchange thoughts; talk with
Example: "We often talk business"
- verb: deliver a lecture or talk
Example: "She will talk at Rutgers next week"
- verb: reveal information
Example: "If you don't oblige me, I'll talk!"
- verb: use language
Example: "The baby talks already"
- verb: divulge confidential information or secrets
Example: "Be careful--his secretary talks"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45190)
Search for talk at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse