Definitions of tape:
- noun: a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening
Example: "He used a piece of tape for a belt"
- noun: a recording made on magnetic tape
Example: "The several recordings were combined on a master tape"
- noun: measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimeters and used for measuring lengths
Example: "The carpenter should have used his tape measure"
- noun: the finishing line for a foot race
Example: "He broke the tape in record time"
- noun: memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information
Example: "He took along a dozen tapes to record the interview"
- verb: fasten or attach with tape
Example: "Tape the shipping label to the box"
- verb: register electronically
- verb: record on videotape
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39048)
Search for tape at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse