Definitions of taper:
- noun: the property possessed by a shape that narrows toward a point (as a wedge or cone)
- noun: a convex shape that narrows toward a point
- noun: stick of wax with a wick in the middle
- noun: a loosely woven cord (in a candle or oil lamp) that draws fuel by capillary action up into the flame
- verb: diminish gradually
Example: "Interested tapered off"
- verb: give a point to
Example: "The candles are tapered"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #53888)
Search for taper at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse