Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of taste:
- noun: a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds
- noun: the faculty of taste
Example: "His cold deprived him of his sense of taste"
- noun: the sensation that results when taste buds in the tongue and throat convey information about the chemical composition of a soluble stimulus
Example: "The candy left him with a bad taste"
- noun: delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values)
Example: "Arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"
- noun: a brief experience of something
Example: "He got a taste of life on the wild side"
- noun: a small amount eaten or drunk
Example: "Take a taste--you'll like it"
- noun: a strong liking
- verb: perceive by the sense of taste
Example: "Can you taste the garlic?"
- verb: distinguish flavors
Example: "We tasted wines last night"
- verb: have flavor; taste of something
- verb: experience briefly
Example: "The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died"
- verb: have a distinctive or characteristic taste
Example: "This tastes of nutmeg"
- verb: take a sample of
Search for taste at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse