Definitions of temple:
- noun: place of worship consisting of an edifice for the worship of a deity
- noun: an edifice devoted to special or exalted purposes
- noun: the flat area on either side of the forehead
Example: "The veins in his temple throbbed"
- noun: (Judaism) the place of worship for a Jewish congregation
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 12500 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1465)
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3848)
Search for temple at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse