Definitions of tenor:
- noun: the pitch range of the highest male voice
- noun: pervading note of an utterance
Example: "I could follow the general tenor of his argument"
- noun: the adult male singing voice above baritone
- noun: an adult male with a tenor voice
- adjective: of or close in range to the highest natural adult male voice
Example: "Tenor voice"
- adjective: (of a musical instrument) intermediate between alto and baritone or bass
Example: "A tenor sax"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #67219)
Search for tenor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse