Definitions of tense:
- noun: a grammatical category of verbs used to express distinctions of time
- verb: make tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious;
- verb: become tense or tenser
Example: "He tensed up when he saw his opponent enter the room"
- verb: increase the tension on
Example: "Tense a rope"
- verb: stretch or force to the limit
- adjective: taut or rigid; stretched tight
Example: "Tense piano strings"
- adjective: pronounced with relatively tense tongue muscles (e.g., the vowel sound in `beat')
- adjective: in or of a state of physical or nervous tension
Search for tense at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse