Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of thick:
- noun: the location of something surrounded by other things
- adjective: (of darkness) very intense
Example: "Thick night"
- adjective: not thin; of a specific thickness or of relatively great extent from one surface to the opposite usually in the smallest of the three solid dimensions
Example: "An inch thick"
- adjective: relatively dense in consistency
Example: "Thick cream"
- adjective: abundantly covered or filled
Example: "The top was thick with dust"
- adjective: abundant
Example: "A thick head of hair"
- adjective: spoken as if with a thick tongue
Example: "The thick speech of a drunkard"
- adjective: hard to pass through because of dense growth
Example: "Thick woods"
- adjective: wide from side to side
- adjective: closely crowded together
Example: "Thick crowds"
- adjective: heavy and compact in form or stature
Example: "A thick middle-aged man"
- adjective: used informally
- adverb: in quick succession
Example: "Misfortunes come fast and thick"
- adverb: with a thick consistency
Example: "The blood was flowing thick"
Search for thick at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse