Definitions of thrill:
- noun: something that thrills
Example: "The thrills of space travel"
- noun: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright
- noun: the swift release of a store of affective force
- verb: cause to be thrilled by some perceptual input
Example: "The men were thrilled by a loud whistle blow"
- verb: feel sudden intense sensation or emotion
Example: "He was thrilled by the speed and the roar of the engine"
- verb: fill with sublime emotion; tickle pink (exhilarate is obsolete in this usage)
Example: "The children were thrilled at the prospect of going to the movies"
- verb: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #67160)
Search for thrill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse