Synonyms / Related
Definitions of throne:
- noun: the position and power of one who occupies a throne
- noun: the chair of state of a monarch, bishop, etc.
Example: "The king sat on his throne"
- noun: a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- verb: sit on the throne as a ruler
- verb: put a monarch on the throne
Example: "The Queen was enthroned more than 50 years ago"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #27009)
Search for throne at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...