Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of thrust:
- noun: verbal criticism
Example: "He enlivened his editorials with barbed thrusts at politicians"
- noun: the act of applying force to propel something
- noun: a thrusting blow with a knife or other sharp pointed instrument
- noun: the force used in pushing
Example: "The thrust of the jet engines"
- noun: a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow)
Example: "He made a thrusting motion with his fist"
- verb: press or force
Example: "She thrust the letter into his hand"
- verb: push upward
Example: "The front of the trains that had collided head-on thrust up into the air"
- verb: geology: thrust (molten rock) into pre-existing rock
- verb: push forcefully
Example: "He thrust his chin forward"
- verb: impose or thrust urgently, importunately, or inexorably
- verb: penetrate or cut through with a sharp instrument
- verb: place or put with great energy
Example: "Thrust the money in the hands of the beggar"
- verb: make a thrusting forward movement
Search for thrust at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...