Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of tie up:
- verb: invest so as to make unavailable for other purposes
- verb: finish the last row
- verb: restrain from moving or operating normally
- verb: secure with or as if with ropes
Example: "Tie up the old newspapes and bring them to the recycling shed"
- verb: secure in or as if in a berth or dock
Example: "Tie up the boat"
Search for tie up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...