Definitions of tip:
- noun: an indication of potential opportunity
Example: "He got a tip on the stock market"
- noun: the extreme end of something; especially something pointed
- noun: a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter)
- noun: a V shape
- noun: the top point of a mountain or hill
- verb: cause to tilt
Example: "Tip the screen upward"
- verb: give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the agreed-on compensation
Example: "Remember to tip the waiter"
- verb: mark with a tip
Example: "Tip the arrow with the small stone"
- verb: remove the tip from
Example: "Tip artichokes"
- verb: give insider information or advise to
Example: "He tipped off the police about the terrorist plot"
- verb: strike lightly
- verb: walk on one's toes
- verb: to incline or bend from a vertical position
- verb: cause to topple or tumble by pushing
Search for tip at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse