Definitions of toll:
- noun: a fee levied for the use of roads or bridges (used for maintenance)
- noun: the sound of a bell being struck
Example: "She heard the distant toll of church bells"
- noun: value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
- verb: ring slowly
Example: "For whom the bell tolls"
- verb: charge a fee for using
Example: "Toll the bridges into New York City"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10968)
Search for toll at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse