Definitions of tool:
- noun: an implement used in the practice of a vocation
- noun: the means whereby some act is accomplished
Example: "Science has given us new tools to fight disease"
- noun: a person who is controlled by others and is used to perform unpleasant or dishonest tasks for someone else
- noun: obscene terms for penis
- verb: drive
Example: "The convertible tooled down the street"
- verb: furnish with tools
- verb: work with a tool
- verb: ride in a car with no particular goal and just for the pleasure of it
Example: "We tooled down the street"
Search for tool at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse