Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of torch:
- noun: a light carried in the hand; consists of some flammable substance
- noun: a burner that mixes air and gas to produce a very hot flame
- noun: a small portable battery-powered electric lamp
- noun: tall-stalked very woolly mullein with densely packed yellow flowers; ancient Greeks and Romans dipped the stalks in tallow for funeral torches
- verb: burn maliciously, as by arson
Example: "The madman torched the barns"
Search for torch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...