Definitions of toss:
- noun: an abrupt movement
Example: "A toss of his head"
- noun: (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team
- noun: the act of flipping a coin
- verb: agitate
Example: "Toss the salad"
- verb: throw or toss with a light motion
Example: "Toss me newspaper"
- verb: throw carelessly
- verb: lightly throw to see which side comes up
- verb: throw or cast away
- verb: move or stir about violently
Search for toss at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse