Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of trade:
- noun: the skilled practice of a practical occupation
Example: "He learned his trade as an apprentice"
- noun: the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services
Example: "Venice was an important center of trade with the East"
- noun: the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers
- noun: a particular instance of buying or selling
Example: "I had no further trade with him"
- noun: people who perform a particular kind of skilled work
Example: "As they say in the trade"
- noun: steady winds blowing from east to west above and below the equator
Example: "They rode the trade winds going west"
- noun: an equal exchange
- verb: exchange or give (something) in exchange for
- verb: turn in as payment or part payment for a purchase
Example: "Trade in an old car for a new one"
- verb: engage in the trade of
- verb: be traded at a certain price or under certain conditions
Example: "The stock traded around $20 a share"
- verb: do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood
Search for trade at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse