Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of translation:
- noun: the act of uniform movement
- noun: rewording something in less technical terminology
- noun: a written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language
- noun: a uniform movement without rotation
- noun: (genetics) the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA directs the formation of a specific protein at a ribosome in the cytoplasm
- noun: (mathematics) a transformation in which the origin of the coordinate system is moved to another position but the direction of each axis remains the same
- noun: the act of changing in form or shape or appearance
Example: "A photograph is a translation of a scene onto a two-dimensional surface"
Search for translation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...