Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of trap:
- noun: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned
- noun: a light two-wheeled carriage
- noun: a device to hurl clay pigeons into the air for trapshooters
- noun: drain consisting of a U-shaped section of drainpipe that holds liquid and so prevents a return flow of sewer gas
- noun: informal terms for the mouth
- noun: something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares
Example: "The exam was full of trap questions"
- noun: a hazard on a golf course
- noun: the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise
- verb: place in a confining or embarrassing position
Example: "He was trapped in a difficult situation"
- verb: to hold fast or prevent from moving
- verb: catch in or as if in a trap
Example: "The men trap foxes"
- verb: hold or catch as if in a trap
Example: "The gaps between the teeth trap food particles"
Search for trap at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse