Definitions of truss:
- noun: a framework of beams forming a rigid structure (as a roof truss)
- noun: (medicine) a bandage consisting of a pad and belt; worn to hold a hernia in place by pressure
- noun: (architecture) a triangular bracket of brick or stone (usually of slight extent)
- verb: support structurally
Example: "Truss the roofs"
- verb: tie the wings and legs of a bird before cooking it
- verb: secure with or as if with ropes
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8095)
Search for truss at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse