Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of trust:
- noun: the trait of trusting; of believing in the honesty and reliability of others
Example: "The experience destroyed his trust and personal dignity"
- noun: a consortium of independent organizations formed to limit competition by controlling the production and distribution of a product or service
Example: "They set up the trust in the hope of gaining a monopoly"
- noun: something (as property) held by one party (the trustee) for the benefit of another (the beneficiary)
Example: "He is the beneficiary of a generous trust set up by his father"
- noun: certainty based on past experience
Example: "He put more trust in his own two legs than in the gun"
- noun: complete confidence in a person or plan etc
Example: "The doctor-patient relationship is based on trust"
- noun: a trustful relationship
Example: "He betrayed their trust"
- verb: extend credit to
- verb: allow without fear
- verb: have confidence or faith in
Example: "We can trust in God"
- verb: be confident about something
- verb: expect and wish
Example: "I trust you will behave better from now on"
- verb: confer a trust upon
Example: "The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret"
Search for trust at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse