Definitions of turnout:
- noun: (ballet) the outward rotation of a dancer's leg from the hip
- noun: attendance for a particular event or purpose (as to vote in an election)
Example: "The turnout for the rally"
- noun: a part of a road that has been widened to allow cars to pass or park
- noun: the group that gathers together for a particular occasion
Example: "A large turnout for the meeting"
- noun: what is produced in a given time period
- noun: a short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass
- noun: a set of clothing (with accessories)
Search for turnout at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse