Synonyms / Related
Definitions of undercut:
- noun: a cut made underneath to remove material
- noun: a notch cut in the trunk of tree in order to determine the direction of its fall
- noun: the material removed by a cut made underneath
- noun: (sports) a stroke that puts reverse spin on the ball
- noun: the tender meat of the loin muscle on each side of the vertebral column
- verb: cut obliquely into (a tree) below the main cut and on the side toward which the tree will fall
- verb: strike (the ball) in golf, tennis, or hockey obliquely downward so as to give a backspin or elevation to the shot
- verb: cut away the underpart of
Example: "Undercut a vein of ore"
- verb: cut away material from the underside of (an object) so as to leave an overhanging portion in relief
- verb: sell cheaper than one's competition
Search for undercut at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...