Definitions of unit:
- noun: a single undivided whole
Example: "An idea is not a unit that can be moved from one brain to another"
- noun: an organization regarded as part of a larger social group
Example: "The coach said the offensive unit did a good job"
- noun: a single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else
Example: "Units of nucleic acids"
- noun: an individual or group or structure or other entity regarded as a structural or functional constituent of a whole
Example: "The reduced the number of units and installations"
- noun: any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange
Example: "The dollar is the United States unit of currency"
- noun: an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity
Example: "The team is a unit"
Search for unit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia