Definitions of unknown:
- noun: a variable whose values are solutions of an equation
- noun: an unknown and unexplored region
Example: "They came like angels out the unknown"
- noun: anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
- adjective: not known
Example: "An unknown amount"
- adjective: not known to exist
- adjective: not known before
Example: "Don't let anyone unknown into the house"
- adjective: not famous or acclaimed
- adjective: being or having an unknown or unnamed source
Example: "A poem by an unknown author"
Search for unknown at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse